What are you planning for the weekend? I may be stretching my limits however…
I’m Hoping to Run My First 5k
I’m going to run my first ever 5k on Sat May 9th. I’ve been running for a few months now however I’m not very fast, nor can I run very far.
I guess you could say that I’m a running newbie. I’m probably not ready for a 5k yet however I’ve gone ahead and registered for my first one anyway. There is no pressure on me to run all the way, I could even walk as this is really a fun run/walk. Did I mention that the start time is 4.15am?
I’ve decided to run in this 5k because of what it stands for. Continue reading “Darkness into Light 2015”
Many of us yearn to be a traveler, the sort of person who has adventures, who brings home great travel stories, unusual photos and makes connections with people in foreign lands. Realistically however most of us have very restricted travel time and even more restricted budgets.
So how do we have the adventure of a lifetime whilst on a shoestring package holiday? Continue reading “How to Become an Independent World Traveler”
Every now and then things happen that allow me to value the lifestyle that we have created for ourselves, the choices that we have made that led to us living in the hills, living in the slow lane.
It doesn’t always feel as though we are living in the slow lane because we have so much to do and of course I know that we are not the only ones who feel overwhelmed by the everyday list Continue reading “Slow Time”
This is not a Paleo dish, however it could be a Primal dish if you substitute mushrooms for the beans and use ground almond, crushed almond and crushed pine nuts for the breadcumbs – enjoy! Thanks to my sister for this one 🙂
- 2 small squash, halved and seeds scooped out (you can save them and roast them for snacking!)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- *(1 15-oz can small white beans (such as butter beans), drained and rinsed) Substitute mushrooms for beans
- about 4 large handfuls greens – baby spinach, chopped chard, chopped collards, etc. – washed and spun dry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves
- *(1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs) Substitute ground almond and crushed almond and pine nuts for the breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Continue reading “Roasted Squash”